Outside the scope of the fraternity, SAEs are very involved on the Yale campus and beyond. Over 95% of our members are also involved in other ativities on campus. Among their many endeavors at Yale, current brothers have assumed leadership positions, represented numerous athletic teams, and led several student-run businesses.
• Chris LoPresti Fall ’08, Etkin Tekin and Fall ’08 are active members of the Yale Undergraduate Funding Committee, an organization which funds and oversees all registered undergraduate groups and special events on campus. Elected chairman in April 2010 for the 2010-2011 academic year, Chris’s involvement in the UOFC also puts him on the Yale College Council Executive Board.
• Eric Delgado Spring ’09 was invited to the White House this fall for the first annual White House Science Fair to celebrate the most successful and promising young scientists in the country.
• Agustin Paniagua Spring ’09 is the president and founder of the Venezuelan Student Association at Yale. The first organization of its kind at Yale, the VSA is currently organizing a national student conference at Yale which will invite Venezuelan students from around the country to participate in a summit in April, which aims to address the most significant policy challenges facing Venezuela today.
• Jules Terrien Fall ’08 founded Moonkeys Music, a record label based in Paris. Namaste, the first band he produced, has been touring and recently released an EP that has received great critical reviews. Check them out here at www.myspace.com/musicnamaste
• Agustin Paniagua Spring ’09 is the Executive Director of Sabrosura, the first Latin dance team at Yale.
• Chris LoPresti Fall ’08 (president) and Charlie Chen Fall ’10 are members of the Baker’s Dozen, an a cappella singing group.
• Will Bradley Fall ’08 is a member of Yale Students for Christ (YSC) and was an active member of the committee which organized this semester’s Fall Retreat.
• Graham Harboe Fall ’11, Tapley Stephenson Fall 10, and Grey Grissom Fall ’09 are members of the YDN staff. Tap is one of their most published writers.
• Will Redden Fall ’11 is a member of Dwight Hall, Excomm, ACLU, Amnesty International, DHAMPY, and the Yale Cycling Team (fun fact: he has biked across the entire United States).
• Mike Wolner Spring ’11 is the business manager of Yale Children's Theater, the PR director of Yale Rugby, and the IM secretary of Morse College.
• David Sack Spring ’10 is the Sales Manager for undergraduate consulting group Maya. He is also a volunteer reading tutor with New Haven Reads, a violinist in the Davenport Pops Orchestra, and plays club lacrosse.
• Javier Bautista Spring 08’ is the co-founder and current President of Oye – Yale’s only Latino Spoken Word Organization.
• Ohioma Oni-Eseleh Fall '08 and Harvey Johnson-Black Spring '09 are members of the Yale chapter of “Colleges Against Cancer” and “Relay for Life”. Last year, Ohioma was the Entertainment and Activities Chair for Relay and plans to be involved again this coming spring.
• Jeff Cripe Fall ’08 is Editor of the Opinion Section for the Yale Herald, a liberal leaning, weekly paper offered as an alternative to the YDN. SAE members regularly contribute to his section, in particular George Cook Spring ’09 and Agustin Paniagua Spring ’09.
On-Campus Student Run Businesses:
• Billy Fowkes Fall ’10 is the junior manager of ASA Distribution, the primary provider of distribution and advertising services on Yale’s campus for the Dean’s Office, President’s Office, Undergraduate Career Services, student groups, etc.
• George Hunter Fall ’09 is the junior manager of ASA Transit. Transit offers charter services for college and group sponsored events. Thanks to the efforts of George and his peers, ASA Transit is having the most successful year on record.
• Sam Power Fall ’08 is the senior manager of ASA Cakes. This business began so parents could send birthday cakes to their children throughout the academic year, but has expanded to provide assorted baked goods and delivery for all occasions
• Grey Grissom Fall ’09 manages ASA Care Cubes, which offers care package programs for students during finals
• Swimming: Goksu Bicer Fall ’09, Mike Dominski Spring ’10, Sean Haufler Spring ’10, Jared Lovett (Captain) Spring ’10, West Cuthbert Spring ’11, Danny Clarke Spring ’11, Tyler Pramer Spring ’11, Robby Harder Spring ’12, Barkin Dogany Spring ’12, Alwin Firmansyah Spring ’12
• Cross Country, Track & Field: Miles Richardson Spring ‘11
• Fencing: Alex Cohen Spring ‘09
• Heavyweight Crew: Peter Karalekas Fall ‘11
• Rugby: Will Bradley Fall ’08, Jerry Choinski Fall ’08, Sam Power Fall ’08, Etkin Tekin Fall ’08, Jules Terrien Fall ’08, Charlton Field Fall ’09, Grey Grissom Fall ’09, Mac Hull Fall ’09, Matt Walker Fall ’09, Alex Abramov Fall ’10, Kevin Daly Fall ’10, Steven Mendoza Fall ’10, Tap Stephenson Fall ’10, Seth Walker Fall ’11, Mike Wolner Spring ’11, Drew McMaho nFall ’11, Connor Brooks Fall ’11, Ben Singleton Spring ’10, Tim Brooks Fall ’11, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Fall ’11, Joe Murdy Fall ’11
• Golf: Billy Fowkes Fall ’10 (captain), Chris LoPresti Fall ’08,Will Anderson Spring ’09, Chris LoPresti Fall ’08, Will Bradley Fall ’08, Jerry Choinski Fall ’08, George Cook Spring ’09, and Robby Wyper Fall ’09
• Skeet and Trap: Charlie Osborne Fall ’08, Robby Wyper Fall ’09, Richard Riddle (a world record holder) Fall ’11
• Nordic Skiing: Will Anderson Spring ’09 (captain)
• Hockey: Brian Ruwe Fall ’09 (President)
• Cricket: Will Bradley Fall ’08
• Soccer: Graham Harboe Fall ’11
• Baseball: Graham Harboe Fall ’11
• Basketball: Constantin Geanakoplos Fall ’11
• Rifle: Leander McCormick-Goodhart Fall ’11
• Sailing: Leander McCormick-Goodhart Fall ’11
• Tennis: Henry Casserley Fall ’10